January 21, 2007

I TEND TO STICK WITH THINGS FOR A LONG TIME

My partner Bill and I’ve been together in one way or another since we were 15 years old.

I began working out regularly in 1980. I’ve not stopped.

A few years ago, a brass clock was awarded to me commemorating 20 years of service to the University.

I volunteered on a local gay information/help phoneline for five years. I spent six more years as a buddy to persons living with AIDS (until my last client fired me).

I kept a daily journal from the age of 17 until my 30th birthday (It was at that time I realized I no longer required a written account of my exploits in order to believe they'd actually occurred).

My current hairstyle is the same as that of when I was a child (although, admittedly, there were some middling years of misguided boy-next-door preppiness).

I’ve lived an average of 7.83 years in each home or apartment.

Core elements of my wardrobe have been Ts, plaid shirts and jeans since I was a child. I see no reason to modifiy this.

I'm nothing if not consistent and predictable - each of which is, in my opinion, highly underrated.

2 comments:

Rick's Time On Earth said...

You forgot you've been keeping a very cool blog for well over a year. I really enjoyed reading it.
Thanks for stopping by my site.

tankmontreal said...

Rick! I had to do a bit of backtracking before I found where your comment had landed.

Hadn't even noticed a year had passed since the LMG was launched.
Thanks for having a look at it. I'm still sorta in awe that folks all over the place are reading my words *big smile* Your encouragement is priceless.